Niki Raapana, “Communitarianism is the fake political theory that advocates for a New World Order. Communitarians claim their theory represents a "balance" between selfish individualism and holistic communism. It is the new Machiavellian middle ground.”

Monday, April 8, 2013

Margaret Thatcher RIP, you were better entertainment than the wrestling on a Saturday afternoon!


Lady Margaret Thatcher has passed away. 


May she rest in peace. 

Now is the time to remember her considerable achievements.
There will those who will gloat and scorn; wicked, Godless people with bitter hearts full of ignorance. With highly selective memories! Some of these debased and degrading comments will even come from the mainstream media, from shallow, infantile morons, most too young to even remember her.  Spouting off about the here-say and warped rubbish they've read about her somewhere.

As a young, working class woman with small children when she was first elected, I remember the total happiness and relief I felt at the time.  Living on the 24th floor of a high-rise, I had 48 flights of stairs to carry my shopping and children up when the electricity went off due to some strike or other! Which it frequently did! She was the person who turned the lights back on for me, who ensured I could heat my home again, she filled the shops with food and got the buses and trains running again, after years of "the loonie lefties" and their selfish, charmless thug, buddies, the corrupt union agent provocateurs, with the utter mayhem they had created across this entire country.

I remember her most fondly as leader of the opposition, back in the days before Parliament was televised, when Radio 4 broadcast Prime Minister’s Question Time, live, once a week in the afternoon.
What a treat this was!  I used to do my ironing to it! 
Standing in the kitchen with the radio on, I was full of anticipation.  I couldn't wait.  The "loonie lefties" were in for another utter intellectual pasting - and boy! did they get it!
It was better entertainment than the wrestling on a Saturday afternoon!
Wow!  She tore Jim Callaghan and Michael Foot to pieces with a wit and tongue sharper than a sword or rapier, she was MAGIC! She made them sound the bumbling total idiots they really were. Mrs Thatcher was superb every week and had me laughing ‘til I nearly wet myself!

She was a woman of her word.  You may not have agreed with everything she said but when she said something, you knew she meant it!  She did not expect the tax-payer to fork out for her clothes or her husband's suits either! Mrs Thatcher had dignity and integrity right up to the end, who in politics has that nowadays?

Heaven is in for a real treat when Lady Thatcher turns up.

Cue Ben Elton, Dennis Fat-mouth Skinner and Billy Bragg…………….
 

No comments:

Post a Comment